Announcement: This blog is now moved to new domain: CeeKam.com

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

HTTP 401.3 - Access denied by ACL on resource

I am getting the above error at my work place for a simple HTML page. This is happening for Images. The image is shown as broken link and when I try to access the image with complete URL (http://localhost/links/images/web-mail.gif), it gives me the error:

You are not authorized to view this page
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

HTTP 401.3 - Access denied by ACL on resource
Internet Information Services


My Environment is: Windows XP Professional Service Pack-2. And I believe that this comes with IIS-5.1.

Finally I got this fixed with help of David Wang's blog post. FileMon is a wonderfull tool. Thanks to David Wang's blog.

Please leave your comments, if you have encountered this problem before.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem. Working on it still. I will try Filemon if it would help with this problem. Nice pictures of Virtual Environment.