Announcement: This blog is now moved to new domain: CeeKam.com

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Vision of India 2020 - by A P J Abdul Kalam

During a visit to Bangalore on 18-Dec-2006, the president A P J Abdul Kalam spoke about the seven-point oath mantra for good life.


  1. I realize I have to set a goal in my life. To achieve the goal, I will acquire the knowledge. I will work hard and when the problem occurs, I have to defeat it and succeed.

  2. I will work with courage to achieve success in all my tasks and enjoy the success of others.

  3. I shall always keep myself, my home, my surroundings, neighbourhood and environment clean.

  4. I realize righteousness in the heart leads to beauty in the character. This brings harmony in the home and it leads to order in the nation and this will result in peace in the world.

  5. I will lead an honest life free from all corruption and will set an example for others to adopt a righteous way of life.

  6. I will light the lamp of knowledge in the nation and ensure that it remains lit for ever.

  7. I realize whatever work I do if I do the best, I am contributing towards realizing the vision of developed India 2020.

Source: The Times of India, Bangalore - Tuesday, December 19, 2006

No comments: